The Department of Civil Engineering is one of the oldest and finest branches started in the year 2009 in CARE School of Engineering. The department offers Bachelor’s degree programme of four years duration and two years Master’s degree program in Construction Management. Our graduate education programs band together several fields of inquiry, such as, Structural, Environmental, Transportation, Soil and Foundation Mechanisms etc. To support these programmes, the Department has a team of highly qualified and professionally experienced faculty members with specializations in the areas such as structural, surveying, construction engineering,water resources,environmental, transportation, geotechnical, remote sensing and GIS. The enterprising faculties of the department regularly conduct specialized short courses, lectures and industrial visits to the students, which are the need of the hour in the industrial point of view, and help them to understand the Civil Engineering subjects to its core.
Students feel comfortable with fully equipped laboratories and the modern machineries available for practice in the workshops. They pursue their educational and research interests under the generous and watchful eyes of the friendly faculty through practical training, mini projects and guest lectures from industrial experts and eminent professors from leading institutes of our country and abroad.
Department of Civil Engineering provides leadership in the field by focusing on technological innovations, seeking advances in basic knowledge, concentrating on quantitative and analytical approaches, novel experiment-based modelling, and the use of appropriate tools and technology. The department boasts of giving personal attention to each and every students need, excellent teaching and innovative, multi-disciplinary approach to research.
- BE Civil Engineering
- ME Construction Engineering and Management
Vision of the Civil Engineering Department
To impart knowledge, keeping abreast with the innovations in design, changing technologies, new age materials, for sustainable development and exploring its limitless possibilities.
Mission of the Civil Engineering department
1. To maintain a culture that helps one to cultivate aptitude for research, concern for environment, acquire life-long skills, develop professional competence and to interact with industries
2. To imbibe innovative thinking, instill leadership quality and to seed entrepreneurial aspiration.
3. To help one to inculcate a sharp competitive spirit and high professional ethics.
PEOs (Programme Educational Objectives) of the Department
- Graduates of the programme will contribute to the development of sustainable infrastructure.
- Graduates of the programme will adopt to become part of organization or as Entrepreneurs, will pursue to learn to harness evolving technologies and materials.
- Graduates of the programme will become professional Civil Engineers with ethics and societal responsibility.
PO’s (The Programme Outcomes) of the Department:
Graduates of our Civil Engineering Programme can:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and Civil Engineering principles to the solution of complex Civil Engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex Civil Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex Civil Engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions related to Civil Engineering problems.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools such as CAD, Structural Analysis and Design software, FEM, etc including prediction and modelling to complex Civil Engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional Civil Engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional Civil Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Civil Engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex Civil Engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage Civil Engineering projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSO’s (Programme Specific Outcomes) of the Department:
Graduates of the Civil Engineering Programme will have:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematical concepts, science and engineering principles to identify and solve complex Civil Engineering problems
- Use research based knowledge and modern Civil Engineering tools to create professional Civil Engineers
Anna University Rank Holders
- Ms.S.Vinothini – Anna University Rank 36
- Ms.R.Maheswari – Anna University Rank 40
- Mr.V.Arul Pandiyan – Anna University Rank 44
- Ms.R.Menaka – Anna University Rank 36
- Mr. N.Bharathkumar – Overall Anna University Rank 1
- Mr. R.Vadivelu – Overall Anna University Rank 9