REAL TIME / INTERDISCIPLINARY / MAKING / CONTEXT / EXPERIMENTAL
The Programme at the school does not aim to create mere industry ready professionals, but works on a strong studio centric pedagogical approach focusing on issue, and aim to equip young minds with analytical and critical thinking skills, thereby creating professional adept in facing the unprecedented challenges thrown by the profession in today’s rapidly changing times.
- Ideal staff student ratio 1:10 and faculty members as mentors rather then mere tutors.
- Experts from profession and academia, as mentor, who bring in diversity and practical insights to enrich the learning experience.
- Theory taught on “learning by doing or hands on method” blurring the boundaries, seamlessly integrating the same in to studios.
- Constant innovations in pedagogy making learning multidisciplinary and experiential in nature.
- Vertical studio formats to encourage knowledge and skill transfer amongst peers to promote a healthy learning atmosphere.
- Joint studio and student exchange programmes with premiere institutions offering architectural education.
- One of the few schools which offers regular “summer and winter school programme” to augument learning beyond the curriculum.
- Site visits and study trips structured as travel-observe and record modules.
- Strong social connect and real time engagement with the society through rural and urban design studios.
- C.A.R.E.-PEP , Pepole Environment Place our research cell, aims to create a knowledge repository of Arts ,Crafts and Architecture of the Cauvery Delta region.